My most recent blow out and my kinky kurls a week later. Last time I blew my hair straight I had to cut off inches in damaged ends. This time I took preventative measures so I would have no heat damage.
KEYS TO STRAIGHT HAIR WITH LITTLE TO NO DAMAGE:
1. Never put the straighter over 350 degrees of heat… 400 or over will burn your locks for sure.
2. Deep condition hair prior.
3. Treat hair with olive oil.
4. Treat hair with a heat protectant oil.
5. Try not to put heat on hair ever day while it is straight… Best to straighten hair in cooler months when there is less humidity.
Follow these and there is a higher change you will not ruin your curl pattern… but BE CAREFUL.